Wednesday 22 October 2014

BBC Question Time

A previous Liverpool episode
A quick note to say that I'm going to be in the audience for BBC Question Time on Thursday 23/10/2014 at 22.35 on BBC 1 from Liverpool.

On the panel are Scotland's first minister Alex Salmond MSP, Labour's shadow energy secretary Caroline Flint MP, Conservative minister for disabled people Mark Harper MP, UKIP's Louise Bours MEP and the leader of the Unite trade union Len McCluskey.

We all have to submit one question by email today. Max thirty words.

I wanted to give people the opportunity to criticize the government's funding of the NHS and the pay-freeze imposed on its staff. I didn't just want to rant leftily, as I doubted that that would make the cut.

It also has to be based on current news events.

I went for:

How do we save our NHS from the ‘perfect storm’ of austerity, increasingly expensive treatments and an ageing population, whilst paying staff the wages they deserve?



It would also give the opportunity to discuss staff pay and the recent strike action.

I need to submit a second question on the day when I arrive at the venue.
What would you ask?


I hope I get to ask it. Keep an eye out for me.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe:
    With hospitals and GPs struggling to cope with increasing demand and reduced funding, will any government stand up to alcohol, junk-food and tobacco companies and try and make Britain healthier?

    ReplyDelete